“True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington”
Many people enjoy going out to eat. There are many benefits of eating out, including a distraction-free family time that eating at the restaurant creates for us.
It‘s ok to eat out sometimes, to have it as a family tradition or do it on special occasions.
On the days when we are too tired to cook or don’t have time for that but want to eat at home, ordering or taking out food from restaurant can help us.
However, there are many reasons why it’s better not to get into the habit of eating restaurant food but instead try to stick to cooking at home.
Many restaurant foods are high in fat, salt, and sugar (these additives make foods taste better). These foods are fine as an occasional indulgence, but not as a regular diet. If eaten frequently and in large portions, such foods may cause various illnesses and even serious diseases (for example, heart diseases, diabetes).
Preparing meals at home not only provides you with health benefits, but may also help you have a fun time with your family while involving them in preparing food.
Cooking healthily and tastily doesn’t have to be difficult. The healthiest meals usually are the ones which take less time to prepare. All you need to do is to dedicate some time to finding healthy easy-to-make dish recipes for your daily diet. This will help you always have an option when you are not in the mood for cooking sophisticated meals or do not have time for making a time-consuming dish.
Here are 10 great reasons to prepare meals at home for yourself and your family:
- You have control over the ingredients.
- You can control portion sizes.
- It‘s easier to lose weight or maintain it within a healthy range.
- You can reduce your risk for certain diseases, such as diabetes and heart disease.
- Cooking at home saves money.
- You can plan your healthy meals ahead (including snacks) and that way avoid unhealthy eating.
- You can teach your family how to cook healthy and also have fun preparing your food together.
- You can make your family favorite meals with healthier substitutions.
- Healthy meal that you can make at home may prevent food cravings and overeating.
- It‘s easier to change your eating habits when cooking at home – your palate gets used to the taste of healthier foods. This may help you start making healthier choices when eating out as well.